Families are the fundamental building block of society. But today’s families confront unprecedented challenges, from attacks on parents to malign cultural influences. Take a front row seat to explore these key issues as NRB presents two mainstage forums dedicated to addressing the pressing concerns of Christian families today.
Restoring Values: Countering Cultural Indoctrination to Protect Faithful Families
On Wednesday, February 21, Christian thought leaders will delve into the issue of cultural indoctrination, exploring its effects on faith and values within the home. Panelists will discuss strategies and tools to fortify families against harmful cultural influences. Attendees will gain practical insights and empowered perspectives to navigate these challenges and foster biblical foundations within their homes.
Lucas Miles, pastor, and award-winning author, podcaster, and TV host, will moderate. An accomplished Christian commentator, Miles consistently addresses some of the most challenging topics in theology, politics, and culture. He is the host of EpochTV’s “Church & State with Lucas Miles” and the author of best-selling books “The Christian Left: How Liberal Thought Has Hijacked the Church” and “Woke Jesus: The False Messiah Destroying Christianity.” Miles is a faculty member at Summit Ministries, pastor, and president of the Nfluence Network, based in Granger, Ind.
- Cheryl Chumley, Washington Times podcast host and commentator. Chumley is the online opinion editor, commentary writer and host of “Bold and Blunt” podcast at The Washington Times, a best-selling author of four nonfiction books and a frequent media guest. Her next nonfiction book, “God-Given or Bust: Defeating Marxism and Saving America With Biblical Truths,” will be published September 2024. She also has the first book, called “Chloe,” of a five-book Christian fiction series set for publication in July 2024. She is a licensed private investigator, an Army veteran and mother of four children, and currently lives in Northern Virginia.
- Walt Heyer, founder of Sex Change Regret at the Nfluence Network. Heyer underwent so-called “gender reassignment” surgery 40 years ago and identified as a woman for 8 years. Through effective psychotherapy and faith in God, Heyer was restored to his male gender. Now Heyer uses his unique platform as an insider to advocate for protecting children from unnecessary, irreversible medical interventions. He has spoken to federal legislators in the Czech Republic, Chile, New Zealand, and Washington, DC and participated in state hearings around the US. Heyer has appeared on Fox News, CNN, the BBC and Russia’s Channel One, and participated in hundreds of radio, podcast and television shows, and documentaries.
- Dr. Jeff Myers, president of Summit Ministries. As an educator and entrepreneur, he has become one of America’s most respected authorities on youth leadership development. Through his speaking engagements and media appearances, Myers has become a fresh voice offering humor and insight from a Christian worldview. He is the author of 16 books, including the “Understanding the Faith,” “Understanding the Times,” and “Understanding the Culture” textbooks which are studied by tens of thousands of students. He holds a Doctor of Philosophy degree from the University of Denver.
- Heidi St. John, co-founder of Firmly Planted-Family and founder of Faith that Speaks. St. John is the author of nine books, including “Becoming MomStrong: How to Fight with All That’s in You for Your Family” and “Your Faith” and its corresponding “Becoming MomStrong Bible Study,” as well as “MomStrong 365: A One Year Devotional to Encourage and Empower Everyday Moms.” Her most recent work is a children’s book with BRAVE books. St. John’s podcast, “Off the Bench with Heidi St. John,” has been downloaded over 24 million times.
Faith, Fatherhood, & Masculinity
In a world marred by crime, homelessness, suicides, youth despair, anger, and gender confusion, it may seem that cultural issues are unrelated. Yet, a central theme emerges: How society today views men and their roles as fathers and faith leaders.
Biblical masculinity is maligned in the secular media, but it could be the solution to what ails us today. On Thursday, February 22, commentators will discuss the historical view of men’s faith and their impact on women and children’s well-being. Forum attendees will hear how even in dire circumstances, God can step in as a Father to the fatherless.
Lauren Green, chief religion correspondent at Fox News Channel, will moderate. Joining Fox News Channel in 1996, Green currently serves as chief religion correspondent based in the New York bureau. Green is the author of the book “Lighthouse Faith: God as a Living Reality in a World Immersed in Fog” and hosts a weekly podcast named after the book. Green reported live from Rome in 2013 on the election of Pope Francis, as well as on the retirement of Pope Benedict XVI.
- Ryan Bomberger, co-founder and chief creative officer at The Radiance Foundation. As an Emmy® Award-winning creative professional, international public speaker, columnist, and “factivist,” Bomberger is the co-founder Radiance Foundation, a life-affirming nonprofit. Ryan’s the author of “Not Equal” and co-author of two groundbreaking children’s books: “He is He” and “She is She.” His bold work receives extensive media coverage from Fox News, The Washington Times, The Washington Post, The New York Times, and many more. Ryan was conceived in rape but adopted in love.
- Mary Eberstadt, author. Eberstadt is author of several influential books including “Adam and Eve after the Pill, Revisited,” “Primal Screams: How the Sexual Revolution Created Identity Politics,” and “How the West Really Lost God.” Mrs. Eberstadt’s writing has appeared in many magazines and journals, and she is a frequent public speaker inside and outside the United States. Her work has garnered numerous honors and awards, including honorary doctorates from Seton Hall University and Magdalen College, NH. She is a senior research fellow at the Faith and Reason Institute.
- Nancy Pearcey, professor and scholar in residence at Houston Christian University. Pearcey is the bestselling author of seven books, including “The Toxic War on Masculinity” and the award-winning “Total Truth.” A former agnostic, Pearcey is professor and scholar in residence at Houston Christian University, hailed in The Economist as “America’s pre-eminent evangelical Protestant female intellectual.” Pearcey’s books have been translated into 19 languages. Her articles have appeared in Human Events, The Washington Post, The Federalist, Regent University Law Review, and others. She has appeared on C-SPAN, NPR, Fox & Friends, the Dennis Prager Show, and has spoken at Princeton, Stanford, UC Davis, Liberty University, the Heritage Foundation, and the U.S. Capitol.
- Sean Teis, president of Life Factors Fatherless Ministries. Since 2008, Teis has been evangelizing and discipling fatherless families nationally through spreading awareness, creating unique resources, speaking, partnering with local churches, and establishing local fatherless family ministry initiatives. Teis grew up fatherless, and despite his situation, he became an ordained minister, has authored several books, is a featured media and news expert on fatherlessness, is a requested national speaker, and is the host of the “Let’s Talk About Fatherlessness Show.” Teis developed GodismyDad.com, a mobile app and website for fatherless families.
Make plans to join thousands of Christian communicators and media professionals from around the globe in Nashville, Tenn., at the 2024 NRB International Christian Media Convention, February 20-23. Learn more and register here.