NRB 2023 Opening Day Focuses on ‘Standing Firm’
Franklin Graham Challenges Christian Communicators to Remain Faithful to Their Calling
ORLANDO, FLA. (NRB) – On Monday, May 22, the NRB 2023 International Christian Media Convention kicked off with the annual members meeting, followed by the Media Awards luncheon, the TV Showcase, the Board of Directors meeting, the Great Commission reception and forum, Opening Session, and Industry Reception.
“NRB is the world’s premier association for Christian communicators, and the annual NRB Convention & Exposition is the largest nationally and internationally recognized event dedicated solely to assisting those in the field of Christian communications, providing a unique venue for unparalleled access to the most influential gathering of Christian broadcasters,” said Troy A. Miller, NRB President & CEO.
- The annual members meeting, sponsored by Operation Care International, elected new board members for the class of 2026 and officers for the coming year.
- The NRB Media Awards luncheon highlighted the best that Christian media offers in the areas of radio, television, digital media, and international programming.
- The TV Showcase provided the opportunity for attendees to learn how to network with program directors and station managers to gain exposure for their programs.
- The Board of Directors elected at-large officers and approved six formal resolutions on Affirming the Biblical and Traditional View of Gender; Honoring the 75th Anniversary of Israel; Maintaining Access for Christian Broadcasters in the Video Marketplace, Opposing the Weaponization of the Federal Government; Preserving AM Radio; and Standing Firmly on the Truth of Scripture. Jeff Schwarzentraub, Founder & Senior Pastor of BRAVE Church provided a devotion.
- The Great Commission Forum featured Dr. Michael Oh, Global Executive Director / CEO at Lausanne Movement, and Nick Vujicic, President & CEO of Life Without Limbs. Forum sponsors included Turning Point USA and The Lance Wallnau Show.
- Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis delivered a welcome address to Christian broadcasters, encouraging them to “Get ready, put on the full armor of God, stand firm in the truth, and never ever back down.”
- Franklin Graham, President & CEO of the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and Samaritan’s Purse delivered the keynote address for the Opening Session, charging attendees to remain faithful to God’s call, exhorting Christians to “Preach. Don’t back off … Don’t apologize for the Gospel.”
- Featured speakers included Abraham Hamilton III, host of “The Hamilton Corner” at American Family Radio, and Israel Minister of Tourism Haim Katz. Hamilton reminded attendees that “witnessing is not an activity, it is a state of being” and that we must be “dead to our own self-centered, Christ-rivaling agendas, quickened to life, fully granted and given over to His purposes.”
- NRB President & CEO Troy A. Miller told attendees that NRB is stronger than ever and more needed than ever before, commenting, “This year’s convention could reach over 4,000 attendees” who are working to reach the world for Christ. NRB Chairman Dr. Frank Wright joined Miller in the opening remarks. Contemporary Christian artist Nicole C. Mullen performed moving musical selections. The Israel Ministry of Tourism sponsored the session.
- The opening day of NRB Convention concluded with an opportunity for attendees to network at the Industry Reception.
NRB is a nonpartisan, international association of Christian communicators whose member organizations represent millions of listeners, viewers, and readers. NRB’s mission is twofold: To protect the free speech rights of our members to speak Biblical truth, by advocating those rights in governmental, corporate, and media sectors; and to foster excellence, integrity, and accountability in our membership by providing networking, educational, ministry, and relational opportunities. Learn more at www.nrb.org.
About the NRB Convention
The annual NRB International Christian Media Convention is the largest nationally and internationally recognized event dedicated solely to assisting those in the field of Christian communications. The dynamic and award-winning Exposition consists of dozens of organizations and is an active marketplace for those seeking products and services to enhance their organization. The next Convention will be held February 20-23, 2024, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center, Nashville, Tenn. For more information, go to www.nrbconvention.org.