Register for the NRB 2014 Convention by Feb. 7 to Save Up to $100
This Friday, February 7, is the last day to take advantage of the Advanced Registration rates for the NRB 2014 International Christian Media Convention!
If you have not yet registered, do so by the end of Friday to save up to $100 on a full registration. If you have already registered, that's great! We look forward to seeing you! Now tell someone you know about the Convention and encourage them to come too!
Here are some highlights to keep in mind:
- General and keynote sessions featuring nationally and internationally known speakers and artists. Speakers at the 2014 Convention will include Dr. Albert Mohler (The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary), Barbara Rainey (FamilyLife), Dr. Ben Carson (American Business Collaborative), Bryan Loritts (Fellowship Memphis), Claire Diaz-Ortiz (Twitter), Eric Metaxas (BreakPoint), Chris Larson (Ligonier Ministries), DeVon Franklin (Columbia Tristar Pictures), Dr. Jack Hayford (The King's University), Katie Harbath (Facebook), Lauren Libby (TWR), Michael Harrison (TALKERS magazine), Dr. Russell Moore (Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission), Wayne Pederson (Reach Beyond), and Wayne Shepherd (Wayne Shepherd Communications). Musical artists include Michael W. Smith, Tommy Walker, Ginny Owens, and GLAD.
- A dynamic Exposition where nearly 200 companies, ministries, and organizations will showcase their products and services on 135,000 square feet of exhibit space, including broadcasters, non-profits, educational institutions, publishers, media agencies, and broadcast equipment and software companies. The Exposition is an active marketplace for those seeking tools and services to expand their organizations. Organizations exhibiting at the event include Answers in Genesis, Evangelism Explosion, Family Research Council, LifeWay Christian Resources, National Right to Life, Reach Beyond (formerly HCJB Global), The Salvation Army, The Voice of the Martyrs, TWR, and more.
- Around 40 diverse and informational educational sessions led by ministry and media experts on such topics as fundraising, marketing, video production, social media, technology, and leadership.
- A public policy session on the impending crisis facing Christian ministries and followers of Jesus. Panelists include Craig Parshall (NRB), Jay Sekulow (ACLJ), Rafael Cruz (Purifying Fire Ministries), and Todd Starnes (FOX News & Commentary). Panel moderated by syndicated talk show host Janet Parshall.
- A myriad of networking activities that promote relationship-building, including an Industry Reception and "Zoom Lunches."
- Installation Ceremony for NRB President & CEO Dr. Jerry A. Johnson, who was unanimously elected by the NRB Board of Directors on October 1, 2013.
- "A Conversation with Eric Metaxas and Ben Carson: Life, God, and Other Small Topics," hosted by the Colson Center and Hashtag Productions - a thought-provoking and entertaining forum featuring Socrates in the City and BreakPoint radio Host Eric Metaxas and Dr. Benjamin S. Carson, Sr., Emeritus Professor of Neurosurgery, Oncology, Plastic Surgery, & Pediatrics at Johns Hopkins Medicine, and Chairman & CEO of American Business Collaborative, LLC.
- Presentation of the NRB Special Service Awards during the Awards Dinner. Recipients this year include Dr. Jack Hayford (NRB Hall of Fame), Frank Pastore (William Ward Ayer Award for Distinguished Service - posthumously), In Touch Ministries (Billy Graham Award for Excellence in Christian Communications), Todd Starnes (Board of Directors Award), and Phil Cooke (Individual Professional Member Award). Full list of NRB Media Award recipients available here.
- Special appearance by Emmy award-winning producer Mark Burnett and his wife, Emmy-nominated actress Roma Downey. The couple behind the hugely popular TV miniseries The Bible will give a presentation and participate in an interactive discussion during the Saturday evening session on February 22 about the soon-to-be released movie, Son of God; and the following evening, in Delta Ballroom A, there will be a full screening of the movie, which is based on The Bible miniseries. Other film screenings at Convention include Moms' Night Out (Monday, February 24, at 10:00 a.m.) and God's Not Dead (Tuesday, February 25, at 10:30 a.m.).
- An Evening with Noah and Paramount Pictures - An entertaining event where NRB Convention participants will get a sneak peek into the world of Hollywood filmmaking and an advanced look at the making of the new Paramount Pictures film Noah, starring Russell Crowe, Anthony Hopkins, Emma Watson, and Jennifer Connelly.
- NRB's inaugural Digital Media Summit, an all-day pre-Convention event that will cover best practice tips for having an effective social media presence using today’s digital media tools. Speakers include Adam Singer (Google), Claire Diaz-Ortiz (Twitter), Ed Stetzer (LifeWay Research), Justin Wise (WISE Group), Katie Harbath (Facebook), and more. Takes place Friday, February 21.
And that is just a small glimpse at what awaits you at NRB 2014. So what are you waiting for?
Prepare to join us for the Convention and spread the word … today!
Published: February 6, 2014