New Additions to Proclaim 16 Convention Schedule
If you registered early for Proclaim 16, you might not be aware of some of the more recent changes to the schedule. Below are some of the newest additions and changes to the agenda. For the latest details, be sure to check the Schedule page at nrbconvention.org.
- Christian Genocide (Thursday, February 25, 8:30 a.m.-9:20 a.m.)
ISIS and other Islamic terrorists are persecuting and executing Christians, destroying church buildings, and driving believers out of the Middle East. Hear firsthand stories of what has happened, and why. This session will also expose the media and government silence on this issue. It will further show you how to pray, how to speak up, and how to stand up for the persecuted Church.
Speakers: Canon Andrew White, FRRMEAmerica, Vicar Emeritus of St. George's Church, Baghdad; Brent Bozell, Founder and President, Media Research Center
- Israel: Hope in a Region of Crisis (Thursday, February 25, 10:00 a.m.-11:20 a.m.)
Sponsored by: International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
As the entire Middle East is being dramatically shaken and undergoing historic changes, there is one place of stability — the state of Israel. Nevertheless, Israel faces a relentless campaign of misinformation that requires a robust response and educational programing. This session of well-informed speakers will give Christian broadcasters a better understanding of the issues and of what God is doing in the midst of it all.
Speakers: Kay Arthur, CEO Emeritus, Precept Ministries International; Juha Ketola, International Director, International Christian Embassy Jerusalem; Steven Khoury, Pastor, Calvary Church, Jerusalem. Moderator: Susan Michaels, USA Director, International Christian Embassy Jerusalem
- Why the Jihadists Want to Take Away Our Freedom of Speech - And How Our Government and the Left Are Helping Them Do it – Lunch (Thursday, February 25, 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.)
Sponsored by: Center for Security Policy
Speakers: Frank Gaffney, Founder and President, Center for Security Policy; Lt. General (Retired) William G. "Jerry" Boykin, Executive Vice President, Family Research Council; Philip B. Haney, Senior Fellow, Center for Security Policy; Sandy Rios, AFR Talk, FOX News Contributor
- The Future of Our Freedoms in America (Thursday, February 25, 1:00 p.m.-1:40 p.m.)
Court decisions, executive orders, legislation and regulations have subverted the rule of law in America and placed our fellow citizens and organizations at risk. Freedom of speech and religious liberty have come under unprecedented pressures and economic freedom in America has drastically declined over the past seven years. Join us, as our panelists discuss what steps can be taken to turn the tide and restore freedom and opportunity to all Americans.
Speakers: Becky Norton Dunlop, Vice President, External Relations, The Heritage Foundation; Joel Anand Samy, Senior Advisor, The Heritage Foundation, Co-Founder and President, International Leaders Summit
- Presidential Debate Watching Party (Thursday, 9:00 p.m-11:30 p.m.)
- The Presidential Candidates Forum will be held on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday of Convention week (1 p.m. – 3 p.m. each day).
- The Lunch with Rick Warren on Wednesday, February 24, is open to all. You don’t need to be a pastor in order to join this lunch. If you’ve already registered, you can add a meal ticket by clicking here and then selecting "Modify Registration." Once you’ve done that, enter your email address and last name to log in, and add any of the meals listed above. If you need assistance, email email@example.com. Be sure to purchase your meal tickets in advance! To guarantee availability of a meal ticket, please complete your purchase no later than Monday, February 15. Only a limited number of tickets will be available after this date. Meal tickets may not be available once you arrive onsite!
- Following each of the evening film screenings there will be a 30-minute Review and Wrap Up featuring panelists. For more details, see the Convention Schedule.
- Public Policy Session: Losing the Freedom to Believe: Redefining Marriage (moved to Thursday 1:40 p.m.-3:00 p.m.)
Speakers: Todd Starnes, Host, Fox News & Commentary; Kristen K. Waggoner, Senior Counsel & Senior Vice President of Legal Advocacy, Alliance Defending Freedom; Barronelle Stutzman, Owner, Arlene’s Flowers; Greg Stormans, Owner, Ralph’s Thriftway; Blaine Adamson, Owner, Hands On Originals
- Film Screening - The Young Messiah (moved to Thursday, February 25, 6:30 p.m.-8:15 p.m.)
NEW SPEAKERS & MUSICIANS
- Jeanine Pirro, Justice with Judge Jeanine on Fox News Channel
(Media Leadership Dinner: Tuesday, February 23, 5:00 p.m.-6:45 p.m.)
- Jordan Smith, 2015 Winner of The Voice
(Opening Session: Tuesday, February 23, 7:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.)
- Ken Ham, President and Co-Founder, Answers in Genesis
(Closing Gala Dinner with Special Service Awards: Friday, February 26, 6:00 p.m.-9:00 p.m.)
By NRB Staff
Published: February 12, 2016
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »