On October 26, 2020, Faithlife, makers of integrated church technology products, released its highly anticipated new version of Logos Bible Software, Logos 9.
Logos Bible Software is Faithlife’s premier product and is used by renowned faith leaders including John Piper, Beth Moore, John MacArthur, Bishop Charles E. Blake and Lisa Bevere, to name a few. Logos enables users to obtain seminary-level knowledge and training at a low cost.
Faithlife has been using technology to equip the Church to grow in the light of the Bible for more than 25 years, and this latest version of Logos Bible Software is designed with ministry leaders and their needs as top priority. Logos 9 includes multiple new features, many of which are specifically intended to help pastors bring order to the chaos of busy modern ministry life.
“We have listened to the needs of Logos users and adapted for the rapidly changing world in which we live where technology solutions are more key to ministry than ever before,” said Bob Pritchett, Faithlife co-founder and CEO.
Pritchett is scheduled to speak at the NRB 2021 Christian Media Convention on March 15-18, 2021 in Grapevine, Texas.
Logos 9 includes a number of new or improved features to help leaders build and deliver their weekly sermons. Some of these features include:
- Sermon Builder – an update of the tool previously known as Sermon Editor that helps pastors prepare messages by automatically inserting Bible passages and populating slides as they write their sermons
- Sermon Manager – allows users to plan their preaching calendar around seasons, holidays, and church and local events and to archive all previous sermons in one place, making it easier to find and reference old sermons
- Preaching Mode – takes sermons created in Sermon Builder and presents them in a format designed to help preachers communicate clearly and powerfully with built-in, seamless slide control that integrates with Faithlife Proclaim
- Counseling Guide – provides a plethora of resources on tough issues, including eating disorders, depression, anxiety, and more
- Logos 9 Factbook – where users can find curated, trustworthy information on hundreds of thousands of people, places, events, passages, words, concepts, and much more
Faithlife built these features with the goal of equipping leaders as they build and deliver weekly sermons and minister to their congregations especially during this difficult season of life and ministry. Faithlife hopes to assist pastors with in-depth Bible study and provide them with tools that can help them be effective in ministry.
With Faithlife’s recent acquisition of LifeWay Christian Resources’ Wordsearch Bible software, Logos will integrate thousands of new books into its system, providing a rich library of Christian resources including dictionaries, commentaries, and Logos-compatible resources from the B&H Publishing Group catalog.
Logos 9 is available in English, Spanish, German, Korean, Brazilian Portuguese, and Mandarin Chinese (Simplified and Traditional). The updated version also provides a comprehensive reading management system and improved tools for visualizing data, browsing commentaries, exploring the books of the Bible, sharing documents, and adding images into notes.
“We cannot wait for Logos 9 to be in the hands of pastors and Bible students around the world and to see the way it changes their day-to-day lives,” said Phil Gons, Vice President of Bible study products at Faithlife. “Logos Bible Software was created to help ministry leaders spend their time on the work they were called to, and we are excited to see what new opportunities this updated version will unlock.”
To learn more about Logos 9, visit https://www.logos.com/.