In less than two weeks, media professionals involved in Christian ministry, broadcasting, and electronic media will gather in Plano, TX, to discuss some of the issues, concerns, and opportunities facing them today, and to glean from each other the best ideas and practices for more effective ministry and business.
Organized by NRB, the Summer Innovation Exchange (SIE) is a unique gathering that will give you time to meet with those in similar areas of ministry and service and share challenges and solutions. Plus, you’ll hear from June Hunt, Founder of Hope for the Heart Ministries; Kerby Anderson, President of Probe Ministries International; and Kelly Shackelford, President and CEO of Liberty Institute.
“The Summer Innovation Exchange is an opportunity for Christian media professionals to charge their creativity and create life-impacting connections,” says Melissa Sturgis, NRB’s Director of Membership. “I encourage Christian communicators in all areas to join us, to bring their issues and ideas, and to let their peers and counterparts speak inspiring and encouraging words over them and their work.”
Hosting the SIE this year is Hope for the Heart, the ministry of June Hunt, one of the world’s leading biblical counselors. In addition to connecting with like-minded communicators, SIE participants will have the opportunity to tour the Hope Center, which is home to more than 40 organizations, including the Association of Christian Schools International (South-Central Region), e3 Partners Ministry, the Global Aid Network (a ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ), I Am Second, Josh McDowell Ministry, and Liberty Institute.
Those who attended last year’s SIE had this to say about the annual gathering:
• “I’m encouraged and edified. Great experience.”
• “Thank you, NRB, for a couple of days to refresh, reset, and revive our passion for Kingdom ministry.”
• “Invaluable opportunity….”
• “Great content, great networking, great friends.”
Doug Price, Director of Broadcast and Media at Hope for the Heart, and moderator of this year’s SIE breakout session on Fundraising/Marketing/PR, adds: “Last year, as a breakout facilitator, I was impressed by the wide-ranging benefits of the Summer Innovation Exchange to Christian communicators. In fact, I’m so convinced of its benefits that I’m facilitating again this year, and my organization, Hope for the Heart, is sponsoring the event.”
This year, the leadership team that will moderate the various breakout sessions consists of:
• Tom McCabe, President, Pursuant KMA | CEOs
• Roger Kemp, President, Roger Kemp and Company | Agencies
• Ron Harris, President, MEDIAlliance International | Internet/Social Media
• Doug Price, Director of Broadcast and Media, Hope For The Heart | Fundraising/Marketing/PR
• Donna Jones, Vice President, Living Bridge Media | Program Producers
• Christopher Gould, Vice President, National Program Development, Salem Communications Corporation | Station GMs
To register for the Summer Innovation Exchange, go to www.nrb.org/events/innovation-exchange. The cost is $399 for NRB members and $499 for non-members.
Sign up today!
Published: July 25, 2013