|Steven Koster, Director
ReFrame Media, as the English-language ministry of Back to God Ministries Int’l, has been a leader in media ministry for over 70 years.
“Since our first broadcast in 1939, our goal has ever been to help people see God’s story at work in their lives,” says Steven Koster, Director of ReFrame. “While our toolbox started with radio, media ministry has become multi-channel, including video, email, podcasts, social media, and in-person events, all in order to reach people wherever they are with the good news of what God is doing for them.”
ReFrame produces nine different projects, each targeting a distinct audience. “Our goal is a mosaic of programming so that we have something for everyone. If you’re old or young, a seeker or a mentor, we want to come alongside you in your walk with Christ,” adds Koster.
- Groundwork, which began as the Back to God Hour decades ago and is now a radio program that digs deeply into scripture.
- Kids Corner, a program that uses radio drama to show kids what it means to be part of God’s family.
- Walk the Way, a program that challenges young adults to live out their faith through short-form radio and video.
- Family Fire, a website that encourages couples and parents to turn up the spiritual heat at home through Facebook.
- Think Christian, an online magazine that claims all of culture for Christ—there is no such thing as secular.
- Today, a devotional that offers a chance to be refreshed, refocused, and renewed in God’s word in print and online.
- Under the Radar, a one-hour music program that explores under-heard Christian artists and passionate gourmet music.
- Spotlight , an international program that explores life in God’s world with global stories in clear English.
- Church Juice, a website where all the ministry’s media expertise is given back to the congregations that provide support. The aim of the site is to help churches use media to reach their neighbors in their own neighborhoods.
“And this is only what we do in English as ReFrame. We have eight other international ministries within Back to God, in China, Russia, Egypt, Brazil, Africa, and more,” continues Koster. “We’re not translating English for export—each of those ministries has their own local team, creating indigenous content. This is about Christians reaching their neighbors everywhere.”