Benefits of NRB Membership
As the preeminent international association of Christian media professionals, NRB exists to serve our Members so that through them millions will hear, believe, and follow Jesus. Through your membership in NRB, you gain creative, practical, and strategic training and support that helps you utilize every form of electronic media to reach the world for Christ.
Here are some of the significant ways in which NRB strengthens and supports your work:
NRB Membership Card Benefits
Your NRB membership card identifies you as an NRB Member and qualifies you to receive special discounts at NRB’s Convention.
- This will be your ticket to attend a special members-only reception on Monday evening at Convention (with refreshments and prize giveaways, including Kindles and a Nashville Convention Bureau special prize).
- You will receive a gift bag filled with valuable items, including a 4GB flash drive and a beverage coupon for the Exhibit Hall Coffee Café, when you visit the Member Center in the Delta Lobby and show your membership card!
- You will receive a 20 percent discount at the Gaylord Nashville Relache Spa.
- You will receive a 40 percent discount on club rental and a 10 percent discount on golf goods in the pro shop at the Gaylord Nashville Golf Course.
- You will receive a certificate for a discount coupon book for the restaurants and retail stores at the Nashville Opry Mills mall.
- You will receive discounts from many NRB Convention exhibitors.
Scan the QR code on the card to see all the benefits available to you. This information will be updated frequently, so check back often!
- As a Member of NRB, you will receive significant discounts on:
• Convention registration
• Exhibit space
• Convention sponsorships
• Conventions specialty promotions
- As a Convention attendee, you will be educated by established experts, entertained by nationally-known artists, and inspired by speakers who understand your heart for the Lord.
- Nearly 200 exhibitors on our exposition floor will show you what’s new and notable in the field of broadcasting.
- Only NRB Members are allowed to attend NRB’s Annual Business Meeting and vote for NRB Leadership. Through your participation, you determine who will help us advance biblical truth, promote media excellence, and defend free speech.
Business Related Benefits
- Rate Discounts – NRB Member discounts on sponsorship opportunities, special promotions, and advertising in NRB publications save you money.
- NRB website classified advertising as well as job announcement and resume postings on the Job Board at Convention are free to you as a Member.
- Career Hour at Convention provides you with hiring and career advice.
- Networking with other Christian communicators in your industry (Radio, Television, Internet, Church Media, Film, International, and University Faculty) allows you to build relationships and skills that will advance your ministry.
- NRB Music Licensing Committee negotiates with industry and government agencies, meaning you, as an NRB Member, have an advantage.
Education & Training
- NRB Advisory Councils — Open forums allow you to give input into NRB educational offerings.
Summer Innovation Exchange — SIEs provide you with an opportunity to connect with peers, so you can discuss the major issues facing your work and ministry. Meetings are held in various locations — sometimes at major ministries to give Members an inside look at some of the most successful ministries in NRB.
Your NRB membership entitles you to priority handling and discounts on SIE registration!
This year the SIE will be held on August 6-7, 2013 at Hope for the Heart Ministries: Visit the Member Center at Convention for more details, or call our Director of Membership Melissa Sturgis at (703)331-4502.
Convention programs offer intensive educational opportunities that build your skills fast!
- Annual Media Awards – An opportunity to showcase your innovations and productions in broadcast and new media and be recognized by industry professionals.
- President’s Council - As an NRB Member, you have the opportunity to join the NRB’s President’s Council. The President’s Council comprises visionary NRB Members who express their support through additional commitments of time, support, and financial resources. The benefits include in-person and electronic legal briefings about the issues that matter most to Christian broadcasters, a weekend in Washington, DC (more details later), and a special reception at Convention.
- Individual Professional Membership – If you have completed an educational program and served in the field of Christian communication for five or more years, you are eligible to apply for a Full Individual Professional Membership, an enhanced Full Individual Membership. As an Individual Professional Member, you receive all the benefits of an Full Individual Membership, plus:
- A Membership card with the notation “Professional Member”
- Special designation at Convention on your nametag
- A Professional Membership certificate
- The opportunity to receive the Individual Professional Membership Award
- Special LinkedIn networking opportunities
- The opportunity to impact the field of Christian communication through mentoring and service, a commitment required of Individual Professional Members
- Our Government Relations office represents your rights and interests in Washington, DC by maintaining important relationships with elected and appointed officials and by providing NRB Members access to those with influence and authority in government.
- Among NRB's current legislative and regulatory priorities are:
Broadcast Indecency Standards, Employment Non-Discrimination Act, Federal Election Communications Protections, Fairness Doctrine, Hate Crimes, International Religious Freedom, Internet Freedom, Localism/Media Ownership, Performance Tax, and Spectrum Rights.
You will be given direct access to legislative information on these and other issues that affect Christian media and your ministry.
- In addition to ongoing representation in and information from Washington, you benefit from important “Member Alerts.” While policymaking in the capital often seems to slowly inch along, Washington can have a very fluid environment and sometimes tidal waves of change can mount swiftly. When faced with a major development likely to affect the ministries of Christian communicators, count on a “Member Alert” to give you the information you need to make your voice heard by legislators and regulators.
- NRB TODAY E-Newsletter - The weekly NRB Today e-newsletter keeps you updated on the latest news from the association and our Member organizations. The newsletter also serves as a source for tips, trends and insights relevant to Christian communicators across the spectrum. Topics include audience building, branding business strategy, innovation, leadership, marketing, social media, and web strategy. NRB Today also features occasional columns, movie reviews, and product reviews.
As an NRB Member, your organization/ministry can be highlighted in the publication to heighten your visibility. You also receive significant discounts when you advertise in NRB Today or the other publications
- NRB Media Source - NRB Media Source provides weekly news and information to Christian broadcasting and communications professionals. The news tackles today’s most relevant issues, gathered from sources like the Associated Press, the New York Times, Financial Times and leading industry publications. NRB Media Source is conveniently delivered to your inbox.
- WASHINGTON NEXT WEEK E-Newsletter - Straight from NRB’s Government Relations Office on Capitol Hill, the Washington Next Week e-newsletter provides a DC insider’s look at current public policy issues of concern for Christian communicators. In particular, you receive coverage of happenings affecting access to electronic communications and the defense of First Amendment freedoms near and abroad. Whether the action is in Congress, the Federal Communications Commission, or elsewhere in the political arena, Washington Next Week provides key news and commentary simply and succinctly while also laying out clear directions if you want to dig further into the details.
- Ultimate Guide - NRB provides its Members with opportunities for business growth and expansion with the industry’s most comprehensive online resource, the NRB Ultimate Guide of Christian Media & Broadcasting. This convenient web-based tool, found at http://ultimatebroadcastersguide.com/, gives you the ability to cut out the clutter of a general search engine and find vendors that are specifically looking for your business
- Coming Soon! Members-only Media Learning Center (MLC) - NRB’s MLC, an online resource, will provide you with cutting-edge learning opportunities in multiple industry areas. It will also provide access to pertinent research affording insight into the industry.
As a Member of NRB, you can participate in one of its Standing Committees.
NRB Standing Committees are established to advance the overall mission of NRB and to serve the unique interests of specific constituencies, particularly church media, intercollegiate, international, Internet, music licensing, radio, and television.
The committees apprise NRB of trends and news in their respective fields. New communities form as emerging technologies and outreach opportunities develop.
Among the ways Standing Committees render valuable and helpful assistance to the NRB are:
1. Developing educational and training opportunities made available through NRB Conventions and other venues.
2. Identifying and developing specific Member benefits that will strengthen our Members’ ability to fulfill their ministry purpose.
3. Evaluating industry developments, trends and technologies that may impact our Members’ ability to fulfill their mission.
4. Providing relevant news and information for inclusion in NRB communication devices to keep our Members informed on important matters
For more information about these benefits, please contact Melissa Sturgis, Director of Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703)331-4502.
We need you in our association.
"A cord of three strands is not easily broken" (Ecclesiastes 4:12).