Dr. Frank Wright is President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Religious Broadcasters (NRB). Located in the Washington, DC area, NRB is an international association of Christian communicators whose member organizations represent millions of viewers, listeners and readers worldwide.
The focus of NRB members is on proclaiming the good news of eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ, transforming culture through sound biblical teaching, and preserving religious liberty by keeping the doors of electronic media open for the Gospel.
NRB’s mission is to advance biblical truth; to promote media excellence; and to defend free speech. In addition to promoting standards of excellence, integrity, and accountability, NRB provides networking, educational, ministry, and fellowship opportunities for its members.
As an ordained Elder in the Presbyterian Church (PCA), Dr. Wright has a long history of involvement in Christian ministry, including a 25-year association with the ministries of Dr. D. James Kennedy. Prior to assuming the presidency of NRB, Dr. Wright served as founding executive director of the Center for Christian Statesmanship, a spiritually based outreach to members of Congress and their staff.
Now in his seventeenth year working on Capitol Hill, Dr. Wright has close working relationships with congressmen, senators and influential staff, as well as administration officials at the highest levels.
Although Dr. Wright holds a Ph.D. in Finance from Florida Atlantic University, his background is not limited to academic achievements. Aside from earning his doctorate and publishing academic papers, Dr. Wright has distinguished himself by his leadership in numerous ministry settings, including:
• Elected as an Elder at Coral Ridge Presbyterian Church in Fort Lauderdale, FL, Dr. Wright also served as director of Community Services, guiding the church’s outreach programs to the poor. Currently, he serves as an Elder at McLean Presbyterian Church (PCA) in McLean, Virginia.
• Dr. Wright has maintained a long-standing commitment to Evangelism Explosion International. He is a certified Clinic Teacher having taught many leadership clinics in the USA and abroad.
• As a founding board member of a Fort Lauderdale crisis pregnancy center, Dr. Wright served eight years on the board of directors, the last four as president and chairman.
• Dr. Wright served as executive director of the Alliance for Responsible Growth, a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating local municipalities on the impact of pornography.
• Serving on the board of directors of various Christian organizations, Dr. Wright also served on the board of Knox Theological Seminary. He currently serves on the board of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA), Evangelism Explosion International, Salem Communications and the NRB Network. (Located in Nashville, Tennessee, the NRB Network is the non-profit programming entity created by NRB to gain expanded media access for the programs of NRB members. Currently, these programs are distributed through a non-commercial channel on DIRECTV (channel 378).)
Dr. Wright is an accomplished speaker, Bible teacher and ministry leader. In many ways, he has been uniquely prepared for his role as president of NRB. Few people in America share his blend of executive presence, practical ministry experience and significant influence in the corridors of power in Washington.